Child Protection policy:
Good sources of information:
- Dave Cushman’s beekeeping website (Lots and lots of useful info)
- BeeCraft website
- Hive plans (Beesource) (Be careful what you click on – there are lots of big ‘Download’ buttons that take you to affiliated PDF software….but you just want the plans, otherwise a good resource).
- Beebase (Essential information about bee diseases)
- British Beekeers Association
- Yorkshire Beekeepers
- BIBBA (Bee Improvement and Bee Breeders Association)
Suppliers – please note this list is just help you get started – there are dozens of other suppliers and SBKA recommends you shop around. SBKA members can also join in a bulk purchase scheme which is run periodically according to demand.
- http://www.bees-online.co.uk (Maisemore Apriaries – a big UK supplier of beekeeping equipment)
- http://www.thorne.co.uk (Thorne – another big UK supplier)
- http://www.apibee.co.uk (Suits – 15% discount for Sheffield members)
- http://www.simonthebeekeeper.co.uk (smokers. hive tools)
- http://www.beesuitscheap.co.uk (suits and smokers)
- http://www.rich-field.co.uk/pages/beehives.html (local joinery company based in Rotherham producing good value hives and components)
- http://www.peak-hives.co.uk “Hand crafted hives made in the Peak District using locally sourced materials.”
- http://www.caddon-hives.uk (Father and son operation selling hives from the Scottish borders).
- http://www.thebeeshop.co.uk (For cheap beekeeping suits).
- http://www.bjsherriff.co.uk (For beekeeping suits)
- Bradford Beekeepers online shop
- packagebeesuk.com 5% discount for Sheffield members
- beenucsforsale.com 5% discount for Sheffield members
- Apitrader – “Apitrader is a FREE Ads website for beekeepers and associations, there are no fees or commissions”
- Beautiful video of honey harvest [vimeo]
- How to attract bees into your garden [garden buildings direct]
If you have any other useful links you think should be on this page please let us know!